Wow! So I've been in a bit of a blog rut for some time now. What happened was we had gone up to Pittsburgh for a Pirates game/ OAR concert/ Fireworks display- which was amazing, by the way! I had my whole blog post planned out in my head (sad, I know) but then our camera chip crashed and we lost everything. So I guess I've been in blog denial for a few weeks now. Admitting there is a problem is the first step to recovery, though, right? Anyway, here is a little taste of what this Roane family has been up to...

Mason is now opening/ shutting doors. Not the handles, of course, thankfully he still can't reach those. But if anything is slightly ajar, he's on it.

Tony is still picking on Mason. Of course. Like that will change any time soon.

BYU FOOTBALL HAS BEGUN! And what a wonderful couple of games to start the season on! I'm glad that they are ranked high- I'm hoping we'll be able to pick up all of their games even out here in VA due to a hightened interest in the team. Also, This is Mason's FAVORITE toy. Sometimes he actually uses the hammer on the pegs, but with heavy encouragement. Usually he hits me in the head with the hammer or just pulls the pegs out and carries them around the apartment. We are perpetually missing at least one peg at all times, which is making my OCD side go crazy trying to hunt them down all the time.

Tony has been experimenting with his camera. I like this picture- good, and funny. And it also signifies that I just finished reading the Twilight Saga...again. Maybe I'll even get in one more read before the new movie comes out in November. Also, I finally gave in and read HARRY POTTER! I'm not sure why I waited so long- but I must say it was nice to have all of the books available without having to wait for them to come out. It took me all of maybe three weeks to finish them all up. Thanks so much to all of my willing book-lender-friends for helping me out in times of need... : )

Mason is pulling up and walking around (while holding on to things) more than ever. He can stand by himself...until he realizes that he's doing it. Then he freaks out and sits down. My mom bought him a walker this week, which he loves! He just has a hard time turning it, so if Tony or I aren't there to steer him around he'll go until he runs into something then try to plow it over. Also, this face!! Last week he started pulling this face, which I have seen other kiddos do in phases. But something about your own kid doing it is just too funny for me. I would just start laughing so hard every time he did it, which of course made him do it even more.

Mason's 2nd haircut. What an adventure that was. I had asked Tony to come help me with cutting his hair. So, Tony took that to mean I wanted him to cut it, I guess. Anyway, I decided to try to be a good sport and wait and see how it went. But a few snips into it, some crazy over protective mom gene must have kicked in or something, because the waterworks just turned on. I just 'knew' he was going to mess it up and then I'd have to look at Mason's ugly little hair everytime I looked at him. Needless to say, after my unexplainable and totally unnecessary hysterics, Tony had had enough and handed over the scissors. Sorry, honey.

We went to a Redskins game. They played the Patriots. I'm glad we went- good experience, and now I can say I've been to a pro football game. Though next time I think I'll just catch it on TV.

Climbing the stairs. One day about a month ago, I just decided to try and see if Mason could scale the stairs or not. I set him up next to them, and off he went. Thanks to Kayleen for lending me her baby gate! It's saved us quite a few times already.
ALRIGHT well I guess that will just have to do until next time...stay tuned...
3 comments:
Mason is getting so big. He's slowly turning into a little toddler. Cute.
Oh so my favorite is the rolls on the back of his legs as he's climbing the stairs, SO cute! I feel so behind on Twilight:) I better start again too!
Oh my goodness he is soo big! And cute! And now Tony is laying the foundation for Mason to have some terrible ideas in the terrible two stage and the rest of his life! But you are setting the path right with BYU! I am so excited too, especially because I know we will beat the U this year which is always good for me around our house! So how is everything else going lately? Have you seen the ACORN stuff, arrrghhh?! And I didn't know you hadn't read Harry Potter! Well, there is nothing better to stimulate those synapses! Well, I think it might be time for number because Mason is just so darn cute!
Post a Comment