So I went to the store today to buy some new luggage (Tony's big bag broke last trip and we can only each check one ginormous 70 pounder, so it's got to be good!) and was TOTALLY shocked by how expensive that stuff is! I mean, sure, you can buy the cheap-o seven piece brand that looks like it's already falling apart for a decent price, but even one piece of a trustworthy brand costs like three times as much as the cheapo set! Wow. I guess I have never bought my own luggage before...
I finally found a swimsuit for the trip, which just happens to be one of my least favorite kinds of shopping (right up there with buying toiletries and embarrassing OTC meds. Good times.). So now I have the biggest part of my worries over with and just need to get around to packing. It turns out that all of Tony's siblings will be going to San Diego also, so it should be a fun little family reunion. Please let me know if you think of anything I need to do while we're out there or any specific packing needs- be patient with me! I've never been West of Utah. Maybe things are crazy different out there by the Pacific.
PS- I finished "The Host" a couple weeks ago. It was pretty good. Not exactly the type of book I normally read, but once I got into it I couldn't put it down. Tony said he can wait to read it if someone else wants to borrow it now. Just let me know!!
Monday, June 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Yeah! I am so excited for San Diego and to see you guys. So you have never been to California? I did not know that! It should be really fun. I hate swimsuit shopping too, in fact I don't think I am going to be doing too much swimming, but the swimsuit I am going to wear just to lay out in is a maternity swimsuit...yeah pretty sad. Speaking of the Host, Tiffany finally got me to read the twilight series and I am done with the first book. It was really good! Maybe I will read the Host too.
Post a Comment