Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bottom of the Third...

Or is it the top of the third? I can never remember which way baseball innings go.

ANYWAY, there has been quite a bit going on recently! I have now entered the early part of the last trimester, and I am finally understanding some of the pregnancy woes!! For example, Tony and I went down to Richmond last weekend to help Grandma Jones with this year's Anthem Gurney Tourney. We were assigned to a spot and directed parade and race traffic to the Judge's Tent and lined groups up for pictures. There was a lot of standing and a lot of walking, many hours worth... Though my feet still aren't really HURTING, when I got home that night they were wayyy puffy and bloaty looking. Just now, still, you can tell I have ankles again but my feet are still a little chubby. I guess it's one of those things you don't really understand until you experience it. It seems I've kind of done that with a lot of things, though. I just 'conveniently' overlook the fact that I'm pregnant and think that I can do all the things I used to do. Then the body says, um, sure....right.
I had my first false labor pain last night. Braxton Hicks, I think? Anyway, I woke up in the middle of the night thinking I had to do a quick bathroom trip. THEN I tried to sit up, but the pain set in. BAD. It took me a couple minutes to ease myself up and out of bed. It started on one side and then slowly spread across the whole top of my once-abdomen. Youch! If labor is anything like that, I'll definitely be getting that epidural like, stat. My uterus was really hard, too. I waited up for a while, but once the pain went away it didn't come back, so I figured I was fine.

I decided to order the crib today. I've been watching for it to be available in store somewhere, but it just isn't. So I had Wal-Mart deliver it to the store so we can just go pick it up and avoid shipping fees. It should be here in a couple weeks! Though I'm not quite sure where exactly it is going to fit in our apartment...

I'll put up some pics of our recent happenings once our internet at home is back up and running. The hurricane swept a storm through the area and I guess it blew out the router? Our internet has been down for a week and a half and I guess the Landlord isn't getting the replacement in until later this week...ahhh....


On a BRIGHTER note, it's my baby sister's birthday today!! She turns the big 15 and can now GET HER PERMIT. Scary scary scary! These pics are a little old but, as mentioned, I don't have access to my home pics currently...


2 comments:

Maribeth said...

Hi there! I'm finally catching up a little on blog-hopping. I really should be in bed...but oh, well. I finally made another post on my blog, and just thought I'd say hi! I'm so excited for your baby! Yeah...after being through it I highly recommend the epidural! Although I was with my friend this weekend as she delivered her third baby at home...with no pain meds...and it's not so bad if you set your mind to it! But, again, I recommend the epidural. Why not?! :o) Take care! Maribeth

Janica Ellsworth said...

I never really had braxton-hicks, but yeah I am pretty sure labor is just like that, so i would say--GET THE EPIDURAL!!!! I was going to try to go natural, but as soon as I finally got admitted to the hospital, it was time for that epidural. Don't you hate how your feet get puffy? Mine did that so bad. I had the cankles, plus the prego puffers--not a good combo. Anyway, I am so excited for your baby boy to come. He is going to be so cute. Tony was seriously one of the cutest little boys, well what I have seen from pictures anyway. I have never seen your baby pics, but I am sure you were cute too. Well, my point is, your baby is going to be so dang cute!