I guess winter just wanted to make sure we got a little 'friendly' visit as well this year. We were in Utah- go figure- when the big blizzard hit right before Christmas, so we missed most of the snow. I haven't seen snow like this really since I was in high school. I remember it- it was my senior year, and we had over two weeks total in snow days. Since graduation was already scheduled, the seniors couldn't make up the days while the rest of the school had to go into the summer. What an awesome year that was!

Mason is over 31", so let that be your guide as to how much snowfall we received. I ventured to my friend, Stephanie's house last night to watch a movie. I was thinking I was doing pretty well on my way back home until I turned off the main road and high centered my car. It took four policemen and an emergency staffer with a four wheel Jeep to help get me out. Needless to say, my car is still near the road and I got a ride home with an excited civil servant who kept on calling me 'my-lady'. Someone was enjoying rescuing damsels in distress! And someone else - me!- is so grateful to have made it home safe and sound.

Mason always loves the snow, but I guess it towering close to your height can be a little daunting. This was a brief little 'adventure' and then a race to get him inside and warm!

Here is a lovely chocolate Valentine's tart I made for the get together last night (recipe compliments of Martha Stewart). I should have taken it as a bad omen when, on my way up to the car to leave, the tart flew out of my hands and landed face down in the snow, shattering my plate as well. From the few pieces we managed to salvage - and scrape off the snow- it was quite delicious. What a shame! On the other hand, there is some beautifully colored pink snow outside our apartment.
No comments:
Post a Comment