Sunday, April 11, 2010
So I am doing a question post this time. If anyone still reads this, what do you do with your kids who are just too young to go to nursery during church? We had one of the most miserable Sundays ever because Mason is just done with church. We can barely make it through Sacrament meeting- and mostly just because we are both there to tag team it. I think when I have to split off to go to primary, Mason just starts to act up. Tony said today Mason did the same thing he does to me when I'm at the mall- as soon as you enter the classroom/store, he starts to scream. And continues to scream until you leave said area. I'm not sure if this is just his learning phase where he knows he can influence a situation or what. In the meantime, the status quo is that Tony is stuck wandering the halls for the next two months until Mason is officially eighteen months old and can finally enter the wonderful world of nursery. At which point, I'm sure he'll decide he'd rather stay with dad and go to class. We'll take this one scenario at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
those months are kindof miserable at church. how strict is your ward with kids having to be 18 months? maybe just see if he can go in a little early. i totally know what you mean though. i remember before bennett was in nursery- either eric or i would be out with him all the time! good luck, you can make it! just hopefully he will like nursery! haha
I got called to primary when Rachel was a little younger than Mason, so Matt was stuck in the hall for about 3 months. I don't think he could ever go to class. He maybe went to priesthood sometimes and let Rachel play in the back of the gym, but I bet it was rare. If she acted up during sacrament meeting then Matt would take her out to an empty classroom and keep her in there with no toys until she was ready to go back into sacrament. That way we didn't "reward" her with getting to run around in the hall during sacrament.
We did not enforce that during the last 2 hours because that is just too long for a young toddler to be quiet. I think Matt just tried to hang onto his sanity until she got to nursery.
Maybe Tony could take him to nursery and just stay with him for the next 2 months? I know that's not a lot of fun for him, but better than hanging out in the hall. Before I got called to primary I sometimes did that with Rachel.
Michelle- I need to talk to Amy and see how stringent she is about the nursery. I know she doesn't want them coming in early (Tony said she already said something to him about it! ha ha ha), but maybe wouldn't mind if he makes sure to stay in there with him.
Janica- does Bennett like nursery now?
Ry and I call those months the walk the hall months, miserable!!! Sorry it is a HARD time!!
Post a Comment