So we went to the Nationals v Braves game yesterday at the new stadium downtown. It was really fun!! Our friends Sara and Brandon bought the tickets (10 altogether, 2 of which we ended up selling on the metro on the way there because we didn't have enough people to use them all!). Also, Matt and Michelle and their daughter Rachel, and Heather and Patrick and their son Clayton went with us. It was really cool because as soon as you walk out of the metro tunnel, the field is right there! And from the field, you get a great view of some of the city skyline. You could see the Washington Monument best of all, and clear as day. We also spotted the National Cathedral. Of course, it would have been a little better had the game not been delayed an hour and a half for
POURING RAIN, but since we were a little late anyway, we didn't miss the first pitch. Our seats were high enough up (aka CHEAP AND AFFORDABLE) that we were covered and protected from the rain. Some of the dryest seats in the place! Of course we got some 'dogs' to complete the whole experience! And thank heavens Heather was smart enough to pack some other snacks, too! Definitely kept us going.
Anyway, it was really fun because my brother Brandon and I used to follow baseball what seems like forever ago. One of our favorite players was Chipper Jones, and he was still playing (I had no idea, I haven't watched baseball in years) for the Braves! So that was kinda neat to see him play yesterday.
Michelle, Sara, Me, and Heather just watching the game...
Needless to say, when all was said and done, the Nationals lost their ninth game in a row, losing 10-2. The Braves actually had four runs in the first inning. Ouch! I guess we should at least be happy it wasn't a shut-out! Oh, and Tony found a Nats car flag on the way out- bonus! All in all, it was a really fun day out with our friends.
4 comments:
Hey, I'm posting that pic of us girls in my blog too. It's so cute! We're a handsome bunch...
Jenny! So happy to finally find your blog! I just figured out that I can click on your name a couple times and TADA! My word I must admit that I miss you! We sure did have some awe-inspiring times, didn't we? Between getting our little behinds wooped in volleyball and about going crazy in Vollmer-Snares (is that right) class it actually was a blast just getting to know you. So I am glad that now I will be able to be checking up on you and Tony! Sounds like your job is going pretty good, literally speaking! Well, keep me posted on how you are all doing!
Jenny. It's Lauren. . . and so was the previous comment! Just for identification purposes I signed in to the account I usually use. Anyway that is enough rambling from me at the moment!
Post a Comment