Sunday, March 30, 2008

So my family was in for the weekend and that was fun. Unfortunately, it was the Cherry Blossom Festival, the National Marathon, some kite flying tournament, and the opening game of the National's season, so it was a little busy to do anything downtown with eight people. We did get to go to the temple, though, and watch the Joseph Smith movie together. Even though we couldn't do anything in the temple, it was fun just to have the whole family there, together. We attempted to drive through downtown DC to catch a glimpse of the blossoms... But things were, well, let's just say a little hectic. An hour and a half later we saw the trees from a distance and were heading back on I-66!!

So Tony and I are thinking about buying a big screen LCD-HD TV in the next couple of months. Prices seem to be down, and our tax return is more than we were expecting. (Also, I won't let myself feel too badly about it because we were going to get ourselves one for Christmas, but then Tony was laid-off). Does anyone know if the brand makes a HUGE difference? Is one way better/worse than another? Of course we'll do our research, but if you've seen those brands at Costco/Sams/BJ's that aren't necessarily the brands I have heard a lot of, do you know if they're any good??

1 comment:

Sara Stevenson said...

I agree Sunday was a blast! I have zero idea what to look for in a tv but that will be so exciting, we'll be watching shows at your house from now on:)