So today we had our ward conference. It was pretty neat. It started out with an extended ward council meeting, in which we split into groups and really just analyzed the heck out of like three verses of scriptures. It was really neat, though, how much you can glean from just a small phrase. I'm actually really excited to start a journal, now, because the more I think about it the more I believe every single little thing in the scriptures has been put there for a reason.
Our choir sang, but only songs out of the hymnal. Man I miss the days where we had a choir that would tackle, say, Handel's Messiah, for Christmas and what not. But those days are seemingly long gone and with a split ward there's not much hope in the near future for a return. All in all, it was ok, I guess...
We got a new bishop today, too. It was a little sad for our youth because Bishop Landrith has been the bishop for their entire time in YM/YW. But I'm really excited about the new bishop, as well. He somehow figured out who I was a long time ago, though, so that's a little scary that he always addresses me by name in the hallways and stuff. Just kidding...as long as he doesn't have my name pop up when he thinks 'new primary president' or something...
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment