And here's grandma...she returned late Sunday morning, which was nice because we got to spend a little time with her. Tony insisted on taking a picture, and I love her face in this one. It was too funny not to post!! Thanks, Grandma!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Beach Trip!!
So for our 'late' anniversary celebration, Tony and I headed down to the beach! We were going to stay in a hotel, but my grandma who lives in Richmond was out of town and said we could use her place! It was really nice- we just stayed at her place and drove out to Virginia Beach Saturday morning. Traffic was a bore, as usual, but once we got there it was such a perfect day! It was really hot, mid nineties, but on the beach you didn't notice because there was a great breeze.
So normally Virginia Beach is a hugely populated touristy place, which is fun if you are staying in a hotel right on the beach and can go out for the nightlife- the city hires a lot of different performers to entertain the tourists. It's so much fun to go walk around and listen to everything! Also, there's the Boardwalk which is fun to bike down or whatever. This time, though, we decided to try the northern end of the beach. We drove as far north as we could, hit a military base, parked on a nearby street and took to the beach. It was FAR less crowded (like, only one row of people and each group was at least ten feet apart or so instead of multiple rows lining the beach everywhere you turn). We went for a walk up the north of the beach and ran into a family with little boys whose mom was taking pictures of them jumping off the dunes. Guess who had to give THAT a try!?



This may the first lighthouse I've ever seen. It was really cool.

And here's grandma...she returned late Sunday morning, which was nice because we got to spend a little time with her. Tony insisted on taking a picture, and I love her face in this one. It was too funny not to post!! Thanks, Grandma!
And here's grandma...she returned late Sunday morning, which was nice because we got to spend a little time with her. Tony insisted on taking a picture, and I love her face in this one. It was too funny not to post!! Thanks, Grandma!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Those are great pictures! Tony is quite the gymnast.
Happy Anniversary and Congrats on the baby news! We are so happy for you guys! I haven't been online much this summer...but that means I'm out having fun. Hee, hee. I've had you on my mind, though. How is pregnancy treating you? I hope good! I can't believe you're halfway already! Exciting!!! Hope to chat with you soon! Maribeth :o)
Post a Comment