Friday, April 3, 2009

Road Trip with Grandma

So Monday, Mason and I were planning to drive down to Midlothian, VA to visit my grandma. We were most of the way there and she called, asking if we wanted to see her other house (for retirement) in NC. I'm not the most spontaneous person ever, but this sounded like fun, so we did it! When we got to her place, we switched cars, fed Mason, and left for Apex. We were only there in time for dinner and took off early the next morning, but Mason got to meet Uncle Nathan, Aunt Myra, and my cousins Lauren and Morgan. It was fun, and I even decided to give sushi another try. It was better than I've had before, but I still don't get it.


We then drove back to Midlothian and visited grandpa in Richmond. It was the first time he got to meet Mason, also. He kept saying how cute a little guy Mason was. It was really special for them to be able to meet because we're not sure how much longer grandpa will be with us (he is living with Alzheimer's). But as of right now, he seems to be in good health, good spirits, and we're happy we got to meet up with him! And, I'm glad we were able to get some pictures of Mason with him. I have a feeling he'll cherish these for years to come.

1 comment:

Tony said...

Nice orb on your head hun!