Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE winter. My favorite season of all is actually autumn, when the leaves are changing and the air is crisp and chill at all of the season's football games. But by the end of winter, I also LOVE to see spring creep around the corner as much as the next person. Above are some of the blossoms on the trees around our place. It's finally warming up and time to get out of the apartment! Hooray for that!
Tony walking with Mason. I just recently transitioned him to the stroller without the carseat after I found out he was solid enough to stay upright. He loves walks, but always falls asleep about halfway through. Oh well!
Another thing we've done recently is finally figured out a way to make our apartment into a pseudo-two-bedroom place. We went to IKEA and bought some shelving units that are essentially acting as a wall so we could make a place for little Mason to stay. We moved him out of our room Sunday night. It was so funny because I was expecting to only be happy to have our room back to ourselves, but as we were making the transition I had a hard time fighting back the tears! I felt like he was so grown up and moving out or something! Crazy, right? I am suddenly finding myself a little more understanding of the crazies on those nanny shows (where their kids are out of control and it takes an outside discipliner to come in and get things back to order) who have toddlers, or even older children, still sleeping in their rooms with them. I'd never let it get to that point (I hope!!), but I can sort of understand why they might be motivated to do that, now. Anyway, we moved him out, and I'm getting much better sleep now because I don't wait for him to move or breathe loudly or anything when I wake up during the night. I can just go back to sleep. And I think Mason is sleeping a little better, too.
Friday, April 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment