Tuesday, June 30, 2009

If I could talk to the animals

So we made a little trip to the zoo over the weekend. I was really excited because my old roommate and her boyfriend met us there- it was the first time we were finally able to meet up since she's come out to Baltimore for an internship this summer! It was fun to catch up and just enjoy the good weather. Next time, we'll have to go in the morning to see the animals before it gets too hot. The baby panda was up when we passed by, but on the way out, he had curled up in the corner like this. It was so sweet. Also, he looks a lot bigger in this picture than he looks in real life- especially when you can compare him to the bigger pandas!

We had to wait a little while to take this picture. But I think there are some striking similarities between these two!


I can see why the bald eagle is such a symbolic bird. It just looked so regal perched there.Stinky elephants! This was easily the smelliest place in the whole zoo. It probably didn't help that they were all inside and there were only the bars instead of plexiglass- but still! I'm excited to see how things look in a couple of years once they finish up the outside area for them.

No comments: