Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turkey Day!

We had a pretty fabulous Thanksgiving this year, even though we were held within the confines of Fairfax County by order of the Doctor. Until this baby comes, we are stuck, stuck, stuck! But we did get to spend it with some great friends, as hosted by the Johnsons from our Ward. The food was super great- and we didn't have to do much at all! I tried a new recipe I found for a layered pumpkin cheesecake pie. Pumpkin is Tony's holiday favorite, but I thought this would make it a little tastier for those of us who aren't totally crazy about it. There was a thin layer of chocolate in between which made it FABulous! The other pies were awesome, too. Turkey was cooked perfectly, great stuffing, tons of rolls (which we are STILL eating- yum!), cheeseball, lots of goodies. I think it was the first Thanksgiving that I've been to where you could actually go back for seconds on mashed potatoes! Woo hoo!

Afterward, Rachel was sitting with Wally playing a little game where she'd 'blow out' the candle and he'd keep on relighting it. Kiddos are so cute in the things that they find entertaining! I love it!

We rocked on after the dinner with a little Guitar Hero. I'm excited to have a break from work soon so we can all go over to Amy's when the husbands and kids are gone during the day to practice up some more. I'm sure there are more appealing things to the eye than a whale-sized pregnant woman trying to maneuver a fake guitar. Oh well.
And then there was Roxie! As you can see, I probably still need a little practice with keeping babies a little more under control. More content. Goodness knows I'll have enough time to do that coming up.

No comments: