Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Night before the Due Date 'Eve


I cannot believe that the time is almost here! I just cannot believe I've been pregnant 2 days shy of 40 weeks. Wow. (OK, 38 weeks by the way they measure it, but still. The due date is near!) I am meeting with the doctor again tomorrow to *hopefully* hear the great news that the baby has finally dropped, that I'm super dilated, and it will be any moment now that baby Roane will be appearing! However, as of last Wednesday, there had been no change other than slight effacement. Maybe the Evening Primrose Oil and Raspberry Herbal Tea will have moved the little guy around some. Again, I was late, Tony was late- I'm sure that this little guy just doesn't want to come out into the cold or something. Hopefully he won't wait until spring! We've finally got everything set up, for the most part. All of the baby stuff is carefully stored in drawers, washed, crib is set, carseat ready to go. We just need to pack our emergency bags and we'll be good to go. If not, there's always a Target or Walmart nearby, right?! Any suggestions on hospital essentials from anyone who happens to read this blog would be GREATLY appreciated!! OR any helpful advice for those first few days once baby comes (or, at this rate, the last few days- how to stay sane!). Until then!!

3 comments:

nica said...

good luck!! I hope everything goes well.

Michelle said...

Don't forget the Lansinoh (although I think they give you a little trial bottle at the hospital) and nursing pads for when you get home. Just get the Lansinoh brand, the gerber ones are beastly. And really comfy pants for you to go home in (no jeans!!! That may seem obvious, but one of my friends did it.) Let me know what the doc says!

Jared and Lauren Massey Family said...

Thank heavens Heavenly Father sends us the babies cute, sleepy and without attitude to begin with! That helps the sanity stick around a little bit longer than it normally would! Then the "momnesia" sets in: you can't remember the simple things anymore just because you are a mom now (I think husbands also play a role in that!)! Anyway good luck with all of the labor stuff and send me your address ASAP!