So for my birthday, Tony invited some of our bestest friends over for a dinner party last Friday. He made my favorite meal that he does- Enchiladas with roasted tomato and jalapeno sauce. Yum!! It was really sweet of him to put everything together- he just got ahead of himself and didn't have enough time in the week to get it all done! So here's Michelle and Sara finishing up my cake (which we will talk about later)...
Like the lovely Christmas-y tablecloth? So when my parents gave us their old dining set, I reupholstered the chairs and attempted to paint all of the wood black. Aside from it not being a true 'black' color, I totally forgot to paint any of the leaves for the table. Hence, anytime dinner company comes it's time to bust out a tablecloth big enough to cover my "oops"!!
Tony had flowers sent to me (for the FIRST time!!) at work on Thursday for my birthday. So cute! Thursdays are his day that he is gone literally ALL day because of work and his class, so he did cute things throughout the day to make sure I still had a super birthday! He made me breakfast and called me throughout the day, too. He's such a wonderful husband; I'm so lucky that he chooses to put up with me (and even pretends to like me sometimes, too! ha ha). I know this whole 'pregnancy' thing has been pretty hard on him, too, especially since he's not necessarily physically experiencing the changes- just my apparent moodiness and aches and pains- but he's really making it a pretty amazing experience.
Humorous? Yes.
(I recall a few conversations: Tony, as we're setting up a baby registry: "So, we don't really need a stroller, do we?" or "Why exactly do we even need a diaper bag?" or, most recently, "So you just buy the cheapest diapers, right? You throw them away anyway, right?" Ohhh honey...)
Memorable? Always.
SOOooo back to the birthday cake. I definitely had another one of those "Oh. I guess this is different when you're pregnant" moments. Michelle and Sara wanted to use all of the candles because there were 24 in the pack and I was turning 24. Sounds like a good idea, right? Well...consider 'Exhibit A'- a pregnant woman who is starting to have a hard time keeping up the breathing...and yes, you get like sixty fun-filled seconds ("Exhibits B-G") of trying to blow out all of the silly candles! Pathetic...




6 comments:
Happy late Birthday! Looks like Tony did a great job on making it a special day for you! ...and yeah with cheap diapers, you get what you pay for. I just recently bought cheapo store brand ones, because they were half the price, and really they aren't super terrible because Jimmy is older, but they have leaked way more than huggies or pampers. I definitely wouldn't recommend them for under 12 months, because babies get rashes so easy! Our house closes in one week. Everything has gone smooth so far!
Happy Belated birthday!! Being 24 is sooo different, don't you think? I would know since I had a little over a week head start of getting used to it. haha. I thought I'd feel old, but that's the beauty of dating an older guy... you always feel young. Cute pictures! You're so adorable pregnant! We have to get together soon!
Happy late B-day! I wish I could have been there! I would have loved to see you blow out the candles! That is soooo hilarious! Miss you lots oh and by the way you are so stinking cute pregnant!!!! love all the pics!
Oh and how sweet is Tony!!!! That was so thoughtful of him to do all that work for your bday!
Happy BIRTHDAY! Wow, it must have been 3 years since we last attended the big birthday extravaganza! Wow, Tony is great! And he is already thinking like a father! Hey actually who really needs diapers when there are things like Tide and Oxi clean carpet cleaner!? But boys are super fun, physically draining and the girls? Mentally draining! All fun and hectic and well worth it!
Which brings me to my next point! Oh course you know how liberal Utah is so there is a lot of frustration! No, actually I think I would come home each day full of anger at the ignorance of politics! Holy cow, this year's elections is unbelievable but still crossing my fingers! I think that if Obama wins it could be a sign that the 2nd coming is coming soon. What do you think?
That's cute that Tony made you breakfast too. He did a pretty good job on your b-day, I think. I love the candle pictures. That was pretty funny :)
Post a Comment